Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Award Winning Raw Apple Cake Recipe

Here it is!  The moment you have all been waiting for!  I am going to share a secret, award winning recipe that will leave anyone who tries it impressed.  Yes, it is really that good.  I've never met anyone who didn't rave over this recipe.  It is amazing.  I've never seen anyone make it other than my mother in law and now me.  I know there are others of you out there, and I hope soon that there will be many more of you.  This recipe truly is killer.



Raw Apple Cake

4 c. apples chopped fine
2 c. sugar
mix together let stand 30 min. (Honestly, it doesn't always have to sit quite that long, just needs to make a good juice.)

Sift together:
2 c flour
2 tsp soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Add dry ingredients and
2 beaten eggs to apple mixture.  Stir only to blend well.  Pour into prepared 9 x 13 pan.
Bake 350 for 40 minutes.

Topping:
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1 stick Margarine (I actually use butter, it is just as good, either works)
1 c water
(1 teaspoon Vanilla to add at end)
Cook until thick, stirring constantly.  Add 1 teaspoon Vanilla.  Pour over hot cake.


Around the edges you can see the bubbly topping.
After the topping has settled.  Best served warm!
Warning, this cake does not look good. You may have to force some people to try it. (I am one.  I didn't try it the first few times, but now I LOVE it!)

This is hands down my husband's favorite cake, maybe all time favorite dessert.  Happy Eating!  (I would love to see other fall apple/pumpkin kinds of dessert ideas from anyone who wants to post their own yummy recipes.)

Update:  The year I won the coveted Golden Spatula for this recipe, my dear friend Amanda from Cooking Three Handed also won the Golden Ladle for her Chili recipe posted here.  Check it out and say hello!

2 comments:

  1. Just finished making this! It is crazy wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this perfect article. Minimum time is required, It is too easy!!!!!!!
    Online Cake Delivery in Noida
    Online Cake Delivery in Delhi
    Online Cake Delivery in Gurgaon

    ReplyDelete

Holiday World 2011!

Holiday World 2011!

Baby # 6

Baby # 6
Welcome to the world and welcome to our crazy family!

Fort Benning

Fort Benning
We finally made it to Georgia!!!


Just a day at the park!

Just a day at the park!

My Hero!

My Hero!
I don't do dead things. Fortunately for me, God gave me boys!

Much awaited 2009 PJs from Daddy!

Much awaited 2009 PJs from Daddy!
Daddy and Grandma make Jammies every year for the kids, They love it!

Christmas in PJs

Christmas in PJs
Don't I just have the cutest kids?

2010 Jammies

2010 Jammies
Once again Daddy pulled it off. They look cute!

Round 2 birthday parties

Round 2 birthday parties
Cake number 1 of 3 done. I am so not an artist, but I think it came out pretty well!

My Girls

My Girls
Borrowed dance clothes, my girls sure look cute.

Couped up

Couped up
More images below showing the children feeling a bit "couped up" from the long winter!

Chickens: Take 2

Chickens: Take 2
Cute chicks!

The robot cake. I am glad my kids' standards aren't as high as mine!

Tree Climbers

Tree Climbers

Summer Fun!

Summer Fun!
Hi Daddy! Hope you are having fun at work!


This one is so bad, I had to label the cake so you would know it's not a cow!

Dressed for Church!

Dressed for Church!
Come as your favorite Bible character night!

Too cute for words!

If the boy wasn't so tall, I could get a picture of his face!


Establishing the pecking order!

Babies!