Friday, December 30, 2011

Goodbye 2011!

What kinds of things did 2011 bring to you?  It was a good year for me, despite the crazy start.  The year started with no water at our house, living with my in-laws and commuting back and forth.  Driving the hour drive home to stay 3 days a week while babysitting, with minimal water.  Returning to the in-laws for the rest of the week for laundry and bathing.

We rang out 2010 and rang in 2011 with a stomach virus!  We started at Christmas.  You would think it would run it's course and be finished pretty quickly.  However, this particular strain was slow moving.  It would take a full week or a little more to strike its next victim.  There are (were) 7 members of my family.  It took two months to clear this bug through my entire household.  I say there were 7 members because I was pregnant with our 6th child.  I never, ever, ever get sick - at least not vomiting sick.  Even I got this one, pregnant and all.

Then, the last of January came and my brother-in-law graduated from Army Basic Training in Georgia.  We set up a family trip to visit for graduation.  Right before we left my husband's grandfather passed away.  The day after we returned from Georgia, we drove an hour north for the funereal.

Emotions were running very high in the house we were living in.  Five kids, stomach virus, trip to Georgia, funereal.  Then, on the drive to the funereal, another victim of the stomach bug hit and my 5 year-old started vomiting.  This was a time of great chaos, distress and emotional havoc for me.  Remember, I was pregnant.

In March, still displaced from my home, I gave birth to my 6th child, my third son.  What an amazing blessing he was!  His birth was an interesting story, but I won't relate it here.  He brought with him great joy, but additional stress as he failed to grow.  That story is outlined here if you are interested in reading it.

The week he was born, the man came to drill my well.  Unfortunately, no water was found.  The rest of the spring was too wet to do anything more.  Once the threat of freezing was over, we were able to move into our home and haul water.

Despite this crazy start,  I still see this as a good year.  I gave birth to a baby.  That is the most joyful thing I can imagine.  I've increased my blog readership.  I've found many other outlets for my writing.  I've found use for a great desire that God placed in my heart to help children come to love Him.  I've discovered a workable schedule for my children to manage school and house duties (not perfected, just beginning to develop).  I've discovered some new recipes.  But more importantly, I've discovered that I can make some homemade stuff that I thought you had to buy!

The year has been chaotic.  It's been a little crazy.  It's been extremely emotional.  It's been a good year.  Goodbye 2011!

Below are listed my top 5 favorite posts of the year.  I'd love to hear from you if there is a post of mine from that you enjoyed this year.

In no particular order:

My Box

Be Careful What You Wish For


View From My Window

Goodnight

It's That Time





No comments:

Post a Comment

Holiday World 2011!

Holiday World 2011!

Baby # 6

Baby # 6
Welcome to the world and welcome to our crazy family!

Fort Benning

Fort Benning
We finally made it to Georgia!!!


Just a day at the park!

Just a day at the park!

My Hero!

My Hero!
I don't do dead things. Fortunately for me, God gave me boys!

Much awaited 2009 PJs from Daddy!

Much awaited 2009 PJs from Daddy!
Daddy and Grandma make Jammies every year for the kids, They love it!

Christmas in PJs

Christmas in PJs
Don't I just have the cutest kids?

2010 Jammies

2010 Jammies
Once again Daddy pulled it off. They look cute!

Round 2 birthday parties

Round 2 birthday parties
Cake number 1 of 3 done. I am so not an artist, but I think it came out pretty well!

My Girls

My Girls
Borrowed dance clothes, my girls sure look cute.

Couped up

Couped up
More images below showing the children feeling a bit "couped up" from the long winter!

Chickens: Take 2

Chickens: Take 2
Cute chicks!

The robot cake. I am glad my kids' standards aren't as high as mine!

Tree Climbers

Tree Climbers

Summer Fun!

Summer Fun!
Hi Daddy! Hope you are having fun at work!


This one is so bad, I had to label the cake so you would know it's not a cow!

Dressed for Church!

Dressed for Church!
Come as your favorite Bible character night!

Too cute for words!

If the boy wasn't so tall, I could get a picture of his face!


Establishing the pecking order!

Babies!