Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 12 (and 13) of 31 Days of Peace


My apologies for missing yesterday.  As I sat down to write, my wrist ached too much, forcing me to postpone.  When I pulled up today's verse, I was amused to see that, much to my surprise, it was pretty well the same as yesterdays.  So I will share them both here:

Matthew 15:11 "What goes into someone’s mouth 
does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”
Matthew 15:18 "But the things that come out of a person’s mouth
 come from the heart, and these defile them."

This entire passage, Matthew 15:1- 20 deals with the Pharisees coming after Jesus for not following "traditions", specifically ceremonial hand washing before meals.  Jesus retorts that they break God's law to uphold their tradition (please read the entire passage for better understanding).  Then He explains that which we put in of our mouths isn't the problem, it's that which we spew from our mouths that shows our true heart.  

One can eat all the right and good things, but that will never make them "good'.  It seems to me that this is a comparison of works versus faith.  Relying upon what you put into your body to make you holy and pure is tantamount to relying upon works to make you pure and righteous.  But that can never change our heart.  We must receive a heart change in order that we can put forth good and pure things from our mouths.  

We are defiled by what we speak, the words that portray the inner heart that we try to hide.  Ask yourself, have I defiled myself with my words recently?  Pray for the heart change necessary to change the words of your mouth.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holiday World 2011!

Holiday World 2011!

Baby # 6

Baby # 6
Welcome to the world and welcome to our crazy family!

Fort Benning

Fort Benning
We finally made it to Georgia!!!


Just a day at the park!

Just a day at the park!

My Hero!

My Hero!
I don't do dead things. Fortunately for me, God gave me boys!

Much awaited 2009 PJs from Daddy!

Much awaited 2009 PJs from Daddy!
Daddy and Grandma make Jammies every year for the kids, They love it!

Christmas in PJs

Christmas in PJs
Don't I just have the cutest kids?

2010 Jammies

2010 Jammies
Once again Daddy pulled it off. They look cute!

Round 2 birthday parties

Round 2 birthday parties
Cake number 1 of 3 done. I am so not an artist, but I think it came out pretty well!

My Girls

My Girls
Borrowed dance clothes, my girls sure look cute.

Couped up

Couped up
More images below showing the children feeling a bit "couped up" from the long winter!

Chickens: Take 2

Chickens: Take 2
Cute chicks!

The robot cake. I am glad my kids' standards aren't as high as mine!

Tree Climbers

Tree Climbers

Summer Fun!

Summer Fun!
Hi Daddy! Hope you are having fun at work!


This one is so bad, I had to label the cake so you would know it's not a cow!

Dressed for Church!

Dressed for Church!
Come as your favorite Bible character night!

Too cute for words!

If the boy wasn't so tall, I could get a picture of his face!


Establishing the pecking order!

Babies!