Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 31 of 31 Days of Peace

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.


John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Numbers 6:24-26
“‘“The Lord bless you
    and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;

the Lord turn his face toward you
    and give you peace.”’ 


All month we have devoted time toward how we are to try to gain self control and guard our mouths to help regain peace in our homes.  We have considered how we are to model the peace we desire to see.  The above verses, however, remind us of the most important way we are to gain peace.  Each verse tells us something about how peace comes to us.   The following verbs are used "give", "fill", and "leave".  These are active verbs.  Someone is giving us His peace, filling us with peace and leaving us with peace.  

We need to go to Him who gives peace and request the gift of the giver.  We need to daily take captive our thoughts and tongues.  We need to make the effort necessary to achieve the goal.  But mostly, we need to ask the gift of the Giver and be willing to do the work necessary to unwrap the gift.  

As we close this month of "Peace" take a moment to review in your mind the verses we've read.  Choose the one or two that speak deep to your soul.  Begin to pray those words back to God as you seek His help in establishing an environment of peace in your home.  No situation is too great of the grace of God. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holiday World 2011!

Holiday World 2011!

Baby # 6

Baby # 6
Welcome to the world and welcome to our crazy family!

Fort Benning

Fort Benning
We finally made it to Georgia!!!


Just a day at the park!

Just a day at the park!

My Hero!

My Hero!
I don't do dead things. Fortunately for me, God gave me boys!

Much awaited 2009 PJs from Daddy!

Much awaited 2009 PJs from Daddy!
Daddy and Grandma make Jammies every year for the kids, They love it!

Christmas in PJs

Christmas in PJs
Don't I just have the cutest kids?

2010 Jammies

2010 Jammies
Once again Daddy pulled it off. They look cute!

Round 2 birthday parties

Round 2 birthday parties
Cake number 1 of 3 done. I am so not an artist, but I think it came out pretty well!

My Girls

My Girls
Borrowed dance clothes, my girls sure look cute.

Couped up

Couped up
More images below showing the children feeling a bit "couped up" from the long winter!

Chickens: Take 2

Chickens: Take 2
Cute chicks!

The robot cake. I am glad my kids' standards aren't as high as mine!

Tree Climbers

Tree Climbers

Summer Fun!

Summer Fun!
Hi Daddy! Hope you are having fun at work!


This one is so bad, I had to label the cake so you would know it's not a cow!

Dressed for Church!

Dressed for Church!
Come as your favorite Bible character night!

Too cute for words!

If the boy wasn't so tall, I could get a picture of his face!


Establishing the pecking order!

Babies!